WHAT IS A BUILDING/DEVELOPMENT PERMIT?
It is a legal document that mandates / permits an individual/organization who intends to build/transform any structure. (Permanent or Temporal, Wooden, Sandcrete, Bamboo etc.)
WHO ISSUES OUT THE PERMIT?
The Wassa Amenfi West Municipal Assembly – The only Planning Authority of the Municipality. Ref. Local Governance act, Act, 936 Act 2016
DEVELOPMENTS THAT SHALL REQUIRE BUILDING PERMIT
- Erection of any Building/Structure(except those exempted as per LI1630)
- Demolition of a Structure
- Rehabilitation of a Building (making structural alteration and or transformation to a building
- Execution of works/installation of fittings in a building
- Hoarding of a Property
- Sand weaning
- All Physical development shall require both Development Permit and Building Permit.
- A Building Permit shall not be issued to a person who does not have a Development permit
There are 6 crucial steps for development Permit Application:
1. Mobilisation stage:
This involves Plot acquisition, Land use clearance and Preparation of Structure design.
2. Submission of application to Planning Secretariat (SPC-S):
Any Person/Institution wishing to develop a piece of land or undertake any development applies for planning permission on the appropriate TCP Form No.1 and submits at the Wassa Amenfi West Municipal Assembly Physical Planning Office situated and lying at near Nkwantatwam, Low Cost, Asankrangwa
3. Submission to Technical Committee (TC):
4. Approval by Spatial Planning Committee (SPC)
5. Processing of Approved Application at the SPC Secretariat
6. Monitoring the implementation of the Development
STAGE 1: WHAT ARE THE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS?
- New Structures/Developers
- A completed copy of PP form 34A
- Building Application Form Works
- Land Title Certificate/Deed Certificate/Clearance form duly signed by appropriate authority.
- 4 Copies of Site Plan. Scale – 1:1250/1:2500
- Four(4) sets of Architectural drawing duly signed.
- 4-copies of block plan of scale 1:50/1:100/1:200
- Four copies of the building Plans, showing Elevations and design of the building/structure at appropriate scale
- 4 Sets of Structural drawings to the scale of 1:20/1:100. duly signed by: A Structural/Civil
Geo-Technical Report (Soil Investigation)
- Structural Integrity Report where vertical extensions are proposed on existing buildings
- Traffic Impact Assessment Report (Gas/Fuel filling Stations)
- Hydrological Report and appropriate drawings where necessary
- Environmental Permit
REQUIREMENT FOR MULTI LEVEL DEVELOPMENT
The Spatial Planning Committee of TNMA will require the under listed information to be submitted alongside those indicated above, by any developer who desires to construct any Structure above 2-Storey and any public building;
- Fire report and fire Engineering drawing duly vetted and approved by Ghana Fire Service
- Structural Integrity report where vertical extensions are proposed on existing buildings.
- Traffic Impact Assessment Report (Gas/Fuel stations) +
- Hydrological Report and appropriate drawings where necessary.
- Environmental Permit
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A PERMIT?
Any person/group of persons/institution wishing to apply for a permit will have to:
- Buy a Building Permit Application Form and PP Form 34A from the Municipal Finance Office of Wassa Amenfi West Municipal Assembly situated and lying at Nkwantatwam, Low Cost, Asankrangwa and attach a copy to his/her application Forms
All Applicants are required to fully complete both the Building Permit application Form and Physical Planning (PP) Form 43A.
Where an applicant encounters any challenges in completing any of the Forms, He/She may contact the Physical Planning Department or the Works Department of Wassa Amenfi West Municipal Assembly for Advice and Assistance.
On Submission, you shall be informed of:
- corrections to be made or additions if any.
- The processing fee
- Date of Inspection of site
NB: PLEASE ENSURE TO COLLECT AN OFFICIAL RECEIPT FOR ANY MONIES PAID
- The application is processed within two (2) Weeks of receipt by the Secretariat. (PPD)
- The application is evaluated by the Technical Sub Committee who makes recommendation to the SPC within a month
- The Spatial Planning Committee considers and gives administrative approval/otherwise within nine(9) working days
- Issuance of Building Permit is effected within 7 working days by the Municipal Works Department
COLLECTION OF PERMIT
- Applicant/Developer will have to pay an approved building permit fee to the Municipal Works Department of TNMA on receipt of approval letter.
- Collect building permit from the Wassa Amenfi West Municipal Assembly within three (3) months after submission of development application
You may seek further instructions for commencement of your building project from the Works Department of the Wassa Amenfi West Municipal Assembly
- ANY UNAUTHORIZED STRUCTURE/STRUCTURES ATTACHED TO THE PREMISES SHALL BE DEMOLISHED/REMOVED BY THE WASSA AMENFI MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY AS PER act 936, ACT 2016
- All Category of Applicants shall pay a Processing fee as per the billing sheet, upon submission of application and obtain the requisite receipt
- .The receipts issued for the processing fee is NOT A BUILDING PERMIT
- Processing fees are NON REFUNDABLE
VALIDITY OF DEVELOPMENT/BUILDING PERMIT
- THE VALIDITY OF BUILDING/DEVELOPMENT PERMIT ISSUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ABOVE PROCESS IS FIVE (5) YEARS
- YOU (DEVELOPERS) ARE REQUIRED TO SEEK RENEWAL OF DEVELOPMENT/BUILDING PERMIT IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE YOUR DEVELOPMENT /BUILDING WITHIN FIVE (5) YEARS